Q: Do I have to have an account to download a UI?
A: No, you only need an account if you want to upload UI's to the database!
Q: Why do I get an error when downloading the UI files?
A: You must right click on the link and choose save as to prevent the file from attempting to open in the browser window.
Q: Why does the banner look off center?
A: Currently the site is designed to run at resolutions of 1280x1024 or higher. If there is a demand we will make lower resolution options.
Q: When will we be able to start uploading UI's we create?
A: Now! Get to it, chop chop! Kidding! Seriously though, uploading UI's has now been enabled.
A: What's up with the rating system?
Q: Looks like it had some glitches preventing things from sorting correctly by rating. All featured UI slots have been changed to display by the latest posting date as this will help cycle new content until the rating system is fixed.
Q: Can I advertise my guild or other website thru the UI content I upload?
A: No. It is our policy to only allow pertinent information about the UI file itself in the description. If you would like to advertise your guild or fansite info, please contact Jodi at Raptor@chewui.com to become a partner site.
Q: Is Search Jawa broken?
A: Yes...currently we have not yet translated the images into functioning searches, but it is coming soon.
Q: Why are image sizes limited to 500x300 when ingame screenshots are much larger?
A: They technically are not limited. Larger images can be uploaded without issues and they will be automagically sized to 500x300 to fit within the site design.
Q: I want to upload a UI file to ChewUI or install one to my SWTOR client, where do I go?
A:. Here is the quick walk-through, we will be uploading a video walk-through soon.
1. Go to your User folder in Windows.
2. Look for a folder called AppData and open it.
3. Open the Local folder.
4. Look for a folder called SWTOR and open it.
5. Look for a folder called swtor and open it.
6. Open the Settings folder.
7. Open the GUIProfiles folder.
8. Here you can copy and save UI files you have created and can also drop new files into this folder. If you add new UI files while the game is running, you will need to exit the game completely and reopen the client for them to become available to you.